Skip to content
What Does Your Electric Department Do?
- The Electric Department operates and maintains its service territory’s electric infrastructure
- From 115,000-volt transmission lines to 120/240-volt service lines at homes and businesses and everything in between
- From poles, cross arms, wire, substations, transformers, and street lights, this vast system requires the use of many skilled personnel
- Modern also employs:
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Automated Meter Reading (AMR)
- Remote Disconnect/Re-connect
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Advanced communication systems
- These help to link the entire operation to aid in the efficient dispatch and administration of the electric system
Where Does Your Power Come From?
- Modern purchases its energy from the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA)
- Provides an affordable, clean hydropower system
- This valuable energy resource, as well as effective administration, allow our customers to enjoy some of the lowest electric rates in the area