How do I get help paying my bill?

Please call Modern Electric Water Company’s Customer Service Center at (509) 928-4540, Extension 1, if you are having difficulty making your monthly payment. Additionally, the following agencies also offer payment assistance:

Spokane Neighborhood Action Program (SNAP), (509) 456-7110, distributes assistance funds during the heating season. Grants are based on income and family size. Contact SNAP for more information on the SNAP website.

Modern Help or Modern Senior Help, (managed by Valley Partners), (509) 927-1153, funding is available for qualified Modern Electric Water Company customers.

Project Share, (509) 456-7110, assists with funds based upon income and family size. Project Share was established to provide emergency energy assistance to those not eligible for heating assistance or who have exhausted all other available energy assistance sources. Funding comes from contributions made by utility customers

Washington Information Network 211, call 211 for health and human service information and referrals. More information is available at Win 211's website